This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, November 25, 2016

50/50 Friday (8): Best/Worst World an Author Has Created

50/50 Friday is a meme hosted by Carrie @The Butterfly Reads and I and focuses on the opposite sides of books (best/worst, differing opinions, etc).  Every week will have a new topic and several advance topics will be listed in the tab labeled 50/50 Friday!

Today's Topic: Best/Worst World an Author Has Created


I chose Julie Kagawa for this topic (again, just going off of my most read authors list and keeping to fantasy types)!  I've loved nearly all of her books so this was pretty hard for me to choose because they're all pretty cool!











The Best:

This was such a hard decision for me but I decided to go with this world because of how dedicated the author was to it.  She must have done SO much research because she wrote so many books in this world and executed it flawlessly.  It's so complete and quite honestly feels real.  These books are so good!












The Worst:

Maybe this is cheating just a little because this world isn't entirely made up but just in general, it didn't feel very original which kept me from enjoying it more.  The world lacked a special something that would really make it come alive and just make that connection.  Compared to the other worlds this author has created/written in, this one doesn't stand as tall.











What do you think?  What worlds do you love and which ones just didn't stand out?  Make a post and link below!



Next Week's Topic: Character Most/Least Likely to go Cliff-Diving


10 comments:

  1. Sigh! I haven't read any of Kagawa's books. I've heard similar sentiment on these stories and works though. I guess the dragon ones aren't as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but her books on the fae and vampires are wonderful! Perhaps you'll have time to read some of her work sometime :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh good pick! I haven't read Kagawa's Fey series, but it is solely because Talon is the first book I read by her. I wasn't too impressed, and I thought it lacked originality, as you said. I have bought the first book in the Fey series and I do plan to read it!

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend her fae or vampire series to you then! I agree, Talon lacked originality and it just wasn't her best work. I hope you enjoy her fae series!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the first Iron Fey book - I should continue the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Iron fey is simply amazing! I still need to finish that series...
    I tried reading Talon... yeah... it's just like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's such a good series! Yeah, I was really disappointed because Julie Kagawa's other series' are wonderful.

      Delete
  5. OMG I AGREE WITH YOU SO MUCH. I love the idea of talent, but I agree, it was missing something. I think for me it was just the execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Iron Fey world was so vivid and wonderful while yeah, the Talon world just felt done. Thanks for stopping by, Sophia!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...