This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Life Update: Vacation Pictures Part 2

This is part two of the vacation pictures!  I didn't want to make the first post super long so I decided to split it into two.  If you didn't get to see the first post, and you'd like to, click HERE.  In that post, there were pictures of the Four Corner Monument, Sedona, AZ, San Diego, CA, LA, CA, Hwy 1, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA.  In this post, there will be pictures from San Francisco, CA, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Salt Lake City, UT, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone National Park!  Let's get into it!






We really only had one full day in San Francisco so we had to make it count.  We started off by taking a cable car down to Chinatown where we saw the gate and we ate lunch.  Then, we took another cable car back up to the piers.



Of course, we had to visit Lombard Street!  We couldn't drive down it because 1) I read that they don't want tourists driving down it because it backs up the street and 2) We already had a parking spot and if we left, we may not have gotten it back.  So we walked down it and took pictures from both sides!  If you don't know what Lombard Street is, it's a street that the builders had to make in a zig-zag fashion because of the steep incline of the hill.  Otherwise, you couldn't really drive a car down it.



We went to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39.  Both of which were really cool!  We also saw the seals!






Next up was the Golden Gate Bridge.  We drove across to the lookout point and also walked across the entire thing.  Afterwards, we visited the fort located directly underneath the bridge called Fort Point.








Finally, we went on a night tour of Alcatraz which was so cool.  We left the mainland at about 6pm and stayed on Alcatraz until 9pm.  There were really beautiful views of the city and seeing the cell blocks was pretty cool.  Especially after seeing Escape From Alcatraz!


My first double-decker highway on our way out of San Francisco!







We decided to drive through Yosemite National Park on our way to Reno (where we stayed for the night).  It was such a beautiful day and the clouds contrasting with the cool grey rocks and mountains was just gorgeous!  As a side note, we were also there the same day the President of the United States was there with his family to celebrate Father's Day!  There were a lot of delays because of that but it wasn't too bad.



We also ended up driving by Lake Tahoe on the way to Reno.  It was really strange getting out of the car and feeling so cold after, when we were at lower altitudes and it was so much warmer (at least 25 degrees F).







The next two days we were in Salt Lake City!  We visited the Mormon temple there (the grounds are beautifully maintained), the Cathedral, the captiol building, and the Natural History Museum of Utah.  All of it was wonderful.  This was one of the warmest days that we had on vacation (92 degrees F - 33 degrees C) which wasn't the most fun but it wasn't unbearable.





The next day, it was driving up to Yellowstone through the Grand Tetons (Grand Teton National Park).  I also had my first huckleberry ice cream!





















We spent two days in Yellowstone and tried to see as much as we could.  We saw Old Faithful erupt, bison crossing the road, the Yellowstone Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Lake, and a whole bunch of geysers and hot springs.  We were there on really nice days so it was just beautiful!


So there you have it!  Have you ever been to any of these places before?  What places did you go to?  Now back to books :D

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Those pics of Yellowstone are gorgeous! You were in Salt Lake? That's my heck of the woods and, you're wrong, the heat here is unbearable. ;) Looks like you know how to plan a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got really lucky with when we were there! The weather was beautiful. After being in Texas a few years ago in the dead of summer, I feel like I can handle anything :D

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've had a blast on your vacation this year!! You've visited all the places in San Francisco that I have... We (my hubby & I) took the Alacatraz night tour last year as well and loved it. The views of SF from Alcatraz are amazing!!

    I so want to visit Yellowstone National Park some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! It was a whirlwind but it was still a lot of fun. Really? That's so cool! I have to say, although people told me it would be creepy at night, I really didn't think so!

      I definitely recommend it; the park is beautiful! Hopefully you'll be able to go soon!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful pictures. I especially love the one with the rainbow. I enjoyed going on your road trip vicariously. And, it was awesome to see the pictures of Utah and see what you enjoyed in my home state. :) I'm glad you got a chance to visit Temple Square. It's one of my favorite places to visit around Christmas because of all the lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did catch the waterfalls on a good day when the rainbow was really visible! The west is so beautiful (if a little warm!), I wish we had more time to stop at more places but we were already at 3 weeks and there was so much to do back home. I can definitely see how that would be pretty! The architecture is just amazing.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures!! I went to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, and I loved it so much. I loved seeing the animals and experiencing the beautiful nature and outdoors!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! That's so cool! IT is such a beautiful area :)

      Delete
  5. Ha! You were right in my neck of the woods (the main highway from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone goes right past my little city). I love Yellowstone, but I'm not to keen on Salt Lake City (I think I'm a bit too rural for it). I haven't been to Grand Teton National Park, but I have been very close to the Tetons (my mom wants to buy a cabin with a view of the Tetons- we're working on it).
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Haha that's so cool! Apparently SLC has grown quite a bit in the past decade so I think it could definitely become a more influential city! That would be such a cool vacation spot! Best of luck finding a good one!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, so many of these pictures look absolutely gorgeous! You've had such a lovely holiday as well. I love the looks of the landscapes. Some look so pretty and blue, and the waterfall looks so cool. And the woods. I am thinking of all the potential bookish photos to be taken there. And San Francisco seems cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a cool vacation! Haha yeah I wish there had been more room in my suitcase for physical books (sadly, only my kindle made the cut) so I could have taken some actual bookstagram pictures! Thanks for stopping by, Olivia!

      Delete
  7. Someday I would love to visit these places! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to soon! Thanks for stopping by, Lauren!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...