This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

2015 End of Year Survey: Part 1


This is hosted by Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner!  It does such a nice job of wrapping up the year and everything that happened in your reading life!  I know, I know it's a lot late but I'm not all that good at planning ahead!  I'll be posting my resolutions and goals for 2016 in a post shortly after this one!


Number Of Books You Read: 100
Number of Re-Reads: A countless number - I didn't keep track this year!
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance/YA


1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
 I couldn't choose just one so here are my top 3!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

You know, I actually don't have one for this.  I don't think I really pushed people to read a book and they actually did. 

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

Best series I started goes to A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - My review HERE

Best sequel goes to The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - My review HERE

Best series ender goes to Champion by Marie Lu - My review HERE

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

I have two for this!



7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I have two for this one as well!


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Haha two for this one again!


 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

This was really tough, but my pick is:

This cover represents the story so well!  And I've always been a sucker for pretty dresses :)

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

I've got two for this:
Carrie by Stephen King - my review HERE
Carrie as well as her mother were definitely memorable, even though I didn't like the overall book.


Champion by Marie Lu - my review HERE
Day is definitely memorable!

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

I just can't decide!  There are two for this as well!


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

I have serious decision issues, okay??  I have four for this...





 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?


I could never pick just one!  I did a post on this during BookBlogWriMo though.  Here it is!

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest:

Longest:
805 pages

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Two again!
Caymen and Xander are adorable together!

Feyre and Tamlin are perfect together!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The relationship between Matt and Annie as well as between Matt and Jeremiah is so great!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Three for this one!
I've read Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed series about a year ago and loved it and I loved this book as well!

I've previously read The Last Thing and The One Thing.

I've read Marie Lu's Legend trilogy before.

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Excluding R&R books:

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Embarrassingly, I love both Tamlin and Rhysand in this book!

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

Okay, so it isn't technically a debut but it's the closest I could get!

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Two for this (are you getting how indecisive I am yet??).


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


Angry but I liked it:

Angry and I didn't like it:



Yay!!  Thanks for sticking with me - this was a super long post!  The second part of this survey will be going up soon!

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you when you say that ACOTAR, The Young Elites and A Monster Calls were good books of 2015. Definitely! Cool survey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking INTO A MILLION PIECES as one of your "hidden gems" for the year :) Made me day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Angela! I really enjoyed your book! I'm glad :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I loved A Monster Calls! I read it last year and it was my best book of the year, too. I still need to read Hollow City. Good to know it’s action-packed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! It was so beautifully written and lyrical and had such a great message! I was bawling by the end :) I'm so glad you liked it too!

      It definitely is! There are lulls but the tension never gives way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...