This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, August 7, 2015

Review Friday: Ignited by Corrine Jackson


Sense Thieves #3

Goodreads Blurb:
"Nobody hides forever.
Ever since Remy O'Malley discovered her dual identity as a Healer and a Protector, she's kept alive by staying one step ahead of both sides in this centuries-old war. Now someone's trying to draw her out of hiding, using her kidnapped father as bait.
To save him, Remy will need every friend she's got. But as new alliances form, old bonds fray. Her boyfriend Asher is losing his powers, becoming more mortal every time she touches him. Meanwhile, Remy finds herself growing closer to Asher's brother Gabe, even as a family tragedy drives her sister Lucy farther away.
On a rescue mission to London, Remy decides she's tired of being the hunted. It's time to end this war once and for all, as Protectors and Healers alike hurtle towards a final, violent confrontation that not everyone will survive."

Review:
I'm going to start off with something that's been bothering me.  WHAT THE HECK IS WITH GABE?!?!?!  Where did that even come from??  It's just a complete 180 from the first book and while it explains Remy's bonding and everything, I just can't even.  I mean, it all turned out so sweetly in the end and I loved it but REALLY??  Maybe I'm overreacting but it just seems so drastic and sudden when you look at Remy's feelings in the first book and a half.  Like really.  Okay.  So because of that, this book was going to be a 3 or a 3.5 but because of other things I've decided to give it a 4.  Here are those reasons:

1.  It answers so many questions about Remy's family and her bonding with Protectors as well as her powers.  Those answers were really needed after the mystery in the past two books and it was so nice to get some explanations.

2.  The action and plot lines kept me engaged and I couldn't put it down!  It really takes you through a roller coaster of emotions!

3.  Once again, the ending was really nice and sweet and made me smile.  It wrapped everything up nicely as well even if it did come out of left field.

The Final Verdict:
Even with the complete 180 regarding Remy, I did enjoy the ending and finding out all the answers for Remy's family and her powers.  It was a very engaging ending to the series!
4 stars


Quotes:
“Chase me, Remy.” 

“Gabe's face flashed into my mind, and I knew that Asher and Gabe had both been right about my feelings. Gabe would do anything to save me, even put his life at risk for mine. He would do all that for a girl who'd never kissed him, or been brave enough to take a chance on him. Suddenly, I regretted that immensely.” 


“Have you ever heard of such a thing as a phone?" I snapped. "You could have called so we knew you weren't dead."
My anger bounced off him. "I see my diabolical plan has worked," he observed.
"What plan?" I asked with narrow eyes.
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Tone down the outpouring affection, Remington, or I might get the wrong idea and kiss you.” 


“It was odd that Gabe had noticed my habit when I hadn't.
"I notice everything about you," he said softly.


“The last time I'd felt safe had been with Gabe.” 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I read the first book of this series a while ago and I completely forgot about it afterwards! I thought I was the only one who read the first one. Awesome review! I don't know if I will possibly continue the series, it seems like you have mixed feelings...

    -Megan, Books of Fascination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I actually thought that too! Hardly anyone I talk to knows about the series! Thanks :) Yeah... some plot twists came a little suddenly and I'm not sure how I feel about them but the ending certainly was great :) If you do finish reading the series, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...