This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (26) and A Week In Review

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It features books you've recently added to your shelves, be it from the library, bookstore, or ebooks.


I got a bit of a variety this week!

Library:


I have to read this for my English class' satire unit!  I'm already about a third of the way through!



Okay.  So.  This is kind of embarrassing so bear with me!  I saw this book on so many people's blogs and I thought it looked kind of good (and if it wasn't I haven't read a terrible book in a while so...) but I didn't bother to check if it was a part of a series.  So about a quarter of the way through, I thought 'wow, I'm missing so much back story here... is there like a prequel or something?'.  Well, turns out there are TWO count them TWO previous books!  This is the third and final book in the series.  So I'll be putting this one down for a bit until I read the first two yeah?



I'm so excited to read this!  I've heard so many good things about it and it has such a pretty cover!  I've actually read the first couple chapters and it definitely has an interesting premise.



I read this right away when I got back from the library and it's HILARIOUS!  I actually want to work in a bookstore now!



I finished this one already too (it's the second book in The Beautiful Dark series) and it was pretty good.  I'll have a review up soon - Promise!


What did you add to your shelves this week?


A Week In Review:
BONUS Thursday: Bookish Discounts


I hope you have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. Great haul this week! I've been meaning to check out the Snow Like Ashes series because it sounds so wonderful. I hope you enjoy everything! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm so excited I finally got my hands on a copy! Thanks! Happy reading :D

      Delete
  2. Snow Like Ashes is soooo great! I think you'll love it :) also you're not the only one who's picked up a book which isn't the first in a series - I've done it more times that I can count!

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/05/blogoversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it a couple days ago and I actually have to reread it now to write a review because I read it so fast I didn't take any notes! Haha whew! I felt kind of terrible about it because I could have just looked it up on Goodreads but noooo I'll just reserve it from the library right away! Burn for Burn came in though yesterday and I'll be picking it up this week so I'll be able to properly start the series :D

      Delete
  3. Nice haul! I'm reading Snow Like Ashes at the moment (I only have 3 chapters left) & it's really good! The beginning is a bit slow and confusing though, but then it gets really amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The beginning definitely is a bit hard to swallow and understand but everything makes sense once things start happening in Spring! I hope you like the ending! It's a pretty awesome end :)

      Delete
  4. These look like some great reads! Will definitely be adding a bunch of them to my ever-growing TBR pile :)

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    ~ Booknut101 @ 21st Century Once Upon A Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my TBR never seems to get any smaller although it's constantly growing! Wishing you the best of luck getting through them! :D I've finished all of them except for Ashes to Ashes and they all were pretty good!

      Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my blogging schedule now that school has ended and I have a bit more free time to schedule posts! I have a huge pile of books to review (as you can probably tell from my currently reading shelf!).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...