This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, May 23, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass


The One is the final installment of The Selection series by Kiera Cass.
Blurb:
The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Timesbestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth'sDivergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!

The second book, The Elite, was such a flop for me that I had my doubts about this book.  I have to say can't believe I ever had them.  America finally grows up in this book - YAY!! *claps hysterically*  This is an amazing day :D

Ms. Cass keeps you guessing until the very end as to who America will pick or rather, if Maxon will pick her over Kriss (we all know by now that the other girls aren't really in the running... right?).  I don't want to give too much away but let's just say the stakes shift about halfway through when suddenly, America isn't really the one choosing anymore.  I was Team Maxon all the way ever since the second half of The Selection.  I won't tell you if America and Maxon end up together because that's basically the whole point of this trilogy but I will say I was fairly satisfied with the ending.

The ending tied everything up and was really suspenseful and kept me engaged until the very end of the epilogue.  I'm actually hoping Ms. Cass will write a novella that takes place after the epilogue because it really doesn't say what happens with the country and the rebels and all that.

Speaking of the rebels, there were some big revelations in this book.  Both relating to the rebels and not (but the rebels ended up causing the largest waves).  This book was CHOCK FULL of plot twists!

There are also plenty of tears shed.  I'll warn you up front that quite a few characters die (most of which I've come to love... especially that one girl... you people who've read this book know of whom I speak...).  There's tons of drama.  It's a good drama though.  Not at all like The Elite drama where, in my opinion, America was being whiny.

I seriously don't have anything else to say... it was just amazing.  Like I'm speechless.  So five stars!

Oh and P.S. if you caught the whole blue, red, and white thing with the covers, you're awesome!  All of the covers are beautiful!

P.S. Ms. Cass is writing a novella entitled The Queen which tells the story of Queen Amberly!  So excited!!

“Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.”

“The best people all have some kind of scar.” 


“America, my love, you are sunlight falling through trees. You are laughter that breaks through sadness. You are the breeze on a too-war day. You are clarity in the midst of confusion.

You are not the world, but you are everything that makes the world good. Without you, my life would still exist, but that's all it would manage to do.

You said that to get things right one of us would have to take a leap of faith. I think I've discovered the canyon that must be leaped, and I hope to find you waiting for me on the other side.

I love you, America.

Yours forever,
Maxon” 

“This isn’t happily ever after.
It’s so much more than that.”

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I was so happy when I read the end, it was so cute but wasn't enough. Nearly before the end my heart break for both Maxon and America :( they are one of my favorite fictional couples after Sydrian from Bloodlines. Good review :)

    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Veronika! They're one of my favorite couples too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...